Viktor H. Thorup – Olympian against all odds
We all get some strange ideas now and then, of which we forget the most. I was struck by the idea that a Dane could make it all the way to the Winter Olympics in a sport we can’t even practice in Denmark. Ever since this idea planted itself in my stubborn mind, I have worked harder than one can imagine to realize it!
Today, I have made it much further than I dared dream back then, and my goal is no longer to compete in the Winter Olympics, but to enter the history books as the best winter Olympian, Denmark has ever seen!
To achieve this I need more than talent, I need a perfect preparation before the 2018 Winter Olympics.
As mentioned, there is no possibility for me to practice ice-skating in Denmark, but I have been given the chance to join the very strong Norwegian national team in their preparation for the upcoming Olympics. This is a huge advantage for me, but it is also a big economic challenge.
I have already received great help from my sponsors and private donations, but I need more support to make it all the way! See “What can I offer you?” for information on how I can help your company through different means of promotion.
I hope you see my potential and the reason why you or your company should join me on my journey towards the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. In the following you can read a recap of my career and most noteworthy achievements, in a few sentences.
Viktor Hald Thorup
Viktor Hald Thorup
- Born 1994, in Slagelse municipality.
- Began Inline-skating in 2002 and Ice-skating in 2012.
- 3rd place at the U16 European inline championship relay.
- 6th at the junior World Championship 2014
- 3rd in the overall junior World cup 2014
- Holder of all national middle and long distance ice-skating records (1500: 1:47″92, 3000m: 3:51″00, 5000m: 6:22″36, 10000m: 13:25″30)
- Current number 10 in the mass-start world ranking (best place: 5th)
- Personal 5km record: 6:22”36 (The Olympic qualification time is 6:33).